Online bank Bunq will support Google Pay payment service in the Netherlands from Tuesday.
The payment service was previously available on Android phones in Belgium, Germany, France, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom. From Tuesday, customers in the Netherlands and Portugal can also use the service.
Google Pay is a type of digital wallet that can hold multiple bank and credit cards. With the service you can make in-app purchases, transfer an amount and make contactless payments with an Android phone, tablet or watch.
For Apple users Bunq has been supporting the comparable payment method Apple Pay for over a year.
This is how you set up Google Pay
- Find the Google Pay app in the app store on your Android device.
- Open the app and add a credit or debit card from the Cards tab.
- Go to ‘Get started’ and add a payment method. Take a picture of your card and enter the details.
- Google will then verify this information via text message or email.
- Now you can use Google Pay with, for example, a contactless payment terminal by holding the screen of your phone against it.