Erik Gerritsen, general manager of the KNHB, says he understands the announced measures. He emphasizes that the hockey association will do everything in its power to ensure that all competitions are stopped after 5 p.m. “But it immediately became clear to me that this was not invented by people who know the sport. These measures are very difficult to implement.”
The competition schedule does play into the hands of the KNHB. After this weekend, the regular field competition will be suspended and the hockey players will enter the hall.
“Ninety percent of the players who play indoors are young people up to the age of 18. And of the indoor games scheduled to date, 85% are finished before 5 p.m. We will do everything possible to get everyone to play It is not for nothing that the KNHB takes the position that sport is an essential part of the solution to the corona problem.”
For indoor sports, the decision is a major setback, admits general director Guido Davio of volleyball association Nevobo.
“That time of 5 p.m. cycles through everything, especially during the competition matches. You can’t do anything with that. Training with the seniors is also going to be a difficult story. With us the focus is on Saturday, so this weekend the “Most matches will continue. We are going to make an inventory of the consequences of the decision and inform the clubs at the beginning of next week how we are going to solve it.”
“It is a pity that the cabinet has not made use of the roadmap previously agreed with the sports sector, with logical steps for everyone,” says general director Marc van de Tweel of sports umbrella organization NOC*NSF. “We would have liked to have talked in advance about keeping the competition open and not being able to train for it, for example.”
Van den Tweel: “We assume that after this evening closure of a few weeks we can fully open again with sports. Continuing to exercise and exercise is crucial for the health and resilience of our society.”